PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ONE Life Above Enemy Lines
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 23:46
klingonbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SH in the Stan

At last, tonight I got to watch the 27 Sqn documentary. Ollie you should dine and drink for free for ever in my book - well done mate. What a brilliant insight into the life of the SH mates. My time on SH was some years ago but I lived every moment with them during that programme - it brought back so many memories - especially the casevac rapid start and trying to get more knots out of the cab because some poor bugger in the back needed it. Ignore the comments on this thread about the lack of groundcrew storyline - aircrew / groundcrew on SH all know and respect their part in the team, even if it is not apparent. My greatest joy on SH was the aftermath of flying on ops regularly over a year with a Very Senior Officer. His final debrief and letter of thanks focussed on his one greatest lesson - he was a single seat fast jet pilot - and he said that he never realised how important the Crewman was to operating the SH. Night/NVG into fields and confined areas taught him crew cooperation. It was electrifying to hear that same style of intercom patter between the crew in this documentary. Well done all - you are maintaining a long tradition of SH excellence. Great to see Stradz - mate you still owe me that bloody photo!! Circa 1998! Condolences to young Chris's Family and loved ones - RIP. Keep up the good work. Klingonbc.