PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow & other Oz offshore pay deals
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 22:18
GreenerGrass

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FTE,

You do have no idea.

As to your "too Bristowised" comment I'll assure you all three offshore operators are pretty much the same. They have to be, otherwise they would not be successful in winning contracts from the resource companies who all like it pretty much standardised. So I don't believe any of the offshore companies would be your cup of tea.

I totally agree with P68. If there was not an financially attractive goal at the end of the hard slog through the industry then I'm sure many would not have even considered aviation. However this goal is no longer as attractive when compared with other industries, particularly the ones we support. The lowest paid people on our aircraft are the two up front.

If the Guys/Gals at Bristow can work with management to improve their own conditions then it will have a positive flow on for all in the industry not just the other two offshore companies.
Remember oil is no longer $10-15 a barrel, it's around $80 a barrel, so the helicopter companies can't plead financial hardship, or tell us they can't afford payrises. The costs just get passed onto the resource companies. Also know that CHC/Bristow/Jayrow have never found it so difficult to attract qualified pilots.
AusWhirly I'll be watching you guys with keen interest.

GG