PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fat loadies!
Thread: Fat loadies!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 20:02
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wg13
I did indeed mean walk past. I apologise for not proof-reading my last post, but you did got the point of the sentence, so nothing was lost.

Indeed I am aware of those establishments, having served at one of them for some time. You call me "naive and unable to see the bleedin obvious then?", but I merely ask that you allow those with actual medical training decide who is medically able to do phys. What is "bleedin obvious" to you is clearly getting past all those people with medical training. To paraphrase a quote from "Happy Gilmore": "what do they know, they're just doctors!"

You may well smoke outside and out of sight. You will still sink like an ashtray and those you are supposed to be setting an example to do in fact have a sense of smell as well as a sense of sight: they see fat people, they smell smoking people. Neither is a "good example".
Please justify your smoking in terms of setting an example to your people, the detrimental effect it has on your health (and therefore fitness), as well as on whether yellow teeth and fingers, depositing fag-ends and ash everywhere, and smelling of an ashtray constitute the proper military ethos.

Apologies for the misunderstanding regarding your profession - I tend not to read profiles as you can get misleading information. I generally prefer to argue in terms of the debate instead of about the individual, but the statement I quoted did strike me as odd.