PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fat loadies!
Thread: Fat loadies!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 18:52
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wg13
And when exactly did you last walk and RAF Med Centre, being the pongo that you are? Did you ask what was wrong with people at all or did you look at the date, think "fitness test day" and assume that anyone who appeared overweight who was in the queue was merely faking it.
I am, of course, quite willing to accept that there are people who will try and get out of doing the RAFFT - I'd be blind to human nature not to - but I put it to you that an MO with 7 years of medical training (minimum) is better qualified to judge fakes and toss them out of the office than you are.
So, your arguments have now been stated:
1. "people being fat [are] not setting a good example to the young types."
2. "Fat and military don't go together."
In response:
1. People smoking are not setting a good example to young types. Neither are people drinking to excess or philandering (often all three together!). They still damn well do it though. It's called a lifestyle choice - people are allowed to do pretty much what they want to their bodies so long as they can do the job. They have to deal with the consequences, and so long as those consequences have no effect on their doing the job, including the RAFFT, then there is no problem. If you don't like to look at them, don't!
2. I'm surprised that you're yet to be able to show that they don't. So far all you've been able to come up with to back the statement up is that "being fat doesn't look military", which is largely irrelevant since "looking unmilitary" and "being a part of an effective fighting force" are not mutually exclusive.
Daft comment from a professional arguer no doubt.
I'll take that as a compliment
its conveniently and suspiciously full of a lot of growbag wearing (and non growbag wearing) types waiting to be signed off...
This statement caught my eye. Your emphasis on growbag wearing is telling. Remove the parentheses and you merely have a catch-all (you either wear one or you don't), so why the emphasis? Green-eyed monster?

Anyway, I'm off to watch some overweight blokes throw a ball around and beat up some Frenchies in the process. Honestly, the BMI of those forwards...