PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stowaway on SQ 119
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 15:25
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catch Me If You Can

Originally Posted by Channel NewsAsia
Malaysian authorities are puzzled how he breached ground security at KLIA and climbed into the plane’s wheel well without being spotted.

Azharuddin A. Rahman, a director at the Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia, told a local newspaper: "You’ve got to be a superhero to try such a thing!"

Azmi Murad, senior manager of operations of Malaysia Airports Holdings, which runs KLIA, said the airport would cooperate with Singapore authorities in investigations.

Airline industry sources believe this is the first case of a stowaway in a wheel well at Changi Airport, according to the newspaper.

Changi Airport is known for its strict security measures, including armed military and police on patrol.

An experienced pilot was quoted saying: "He could have been crushed by the retraction nose wheel, depending on where and how he was positioned."

It is believed the short journey time probably saved the stowaway because the Kuala Lumpur—Singapore flight took only about 35 minutes.
This Palestini really reminds me of a Hollywood movie {Catch Me If You Can} , starred by Leonardo.