PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fat loadies!
Thread: Fat loadies!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2007, 12:11
Airborne Aircrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point you all seem to miss is that you need to be fit to operate in the worst possible circumstances. That would be all out combat, (with an enemy for those that miss the point here), at close quarters. When it comes down to that you expect the people around you to support you but if they are too unfit to be able to do so your life is further at risk.

Gentlemen, whether you like it or not you joined a fighting force. Not a force the "projects it's air power" but a fighting force because, believe me, their airships will hand you a gun and tell you to get in a trench and fight if they see fit, (see what I did there). Despite what you may think the RAF is not a flying club for your personal pleasure and to pay the odd bill here and there.

The fact that you are prepared to spend so much time solidly defending unfitness despite the undeniable health benefits clearly demonstrates the depth of your lack of self respect and discipline.

I often said that should my a/c go down, depending upon the pilot, I would most likely go off on my own because I would be safer. The number of people that I would leave in this thread indicates that things have certainly not improved. No-one is saying that you are required to be a racing snake... But at least demonstrate that you try... It's the lack of trying that is probably more off-putting than incessant pie eating.