PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Video footage of TAP A310 in extreme low flying turn at airshow
Old 13th Oct 2007, 11:42
lederhosen

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
3ten you imply that many people may not have read previous posts, which suggests it is you making assumptions. The vast majority of ppruners, including by your own admission yourself, think this was poor flying.

I am having trouble understanding what point you are trying to make. Previous posts have named the pilots and their roles at TAP. You say you know them and Mr Pinto.

You go on to say that the trouble with Pprune is that people may get the wrong idea ībased on this inconsequent statementsī(sic). This implies that my points were not logical and indeed incorrect.

I can't believe you have not seen the video of Capt. Asseline's low pass and crash at the Habsheim airshow on the 26 June 1988. I do not think further commentary on that sad episode is necessary.

If our chief pilot did something like this which reflected badly on the company he would be in pretty deep water. I fail to see a lack of logic in pointing out that this episode reflects badly on TAP.

We can all resort to name calling. Let us just stick to the facts.

However as an airline captain and long time pprune lurker I can reveal that it was JFA's timeless prose which finally drove me to contribute an opinion. "Perverted minds of evil keypunchers can continue to pounder the display" really is a classic even by pprune standards.