PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 17:28
bypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colour Blind and Alternative Test...

Hello everybody.I have problem on my eye.I went to an eye doctor for a standart eye check.And he showed me Ishara.I did Ishara and I fail.He showed me 6 or 7 plates.(not first or second pages.they are easier)And I didnt see numbers.And doctor said me.You are a colour blind.(He didnt execute any other test for me because it was a standart check.Not for pilot training)And I said.I want to be a pilot since my 4 years.He said:You cant be a pilot but you can only take PPL.But I want to be an airline pilot.My father is an airline pilot and I traveled in cockpit 6 times at night and day time.I looked PAPI-VASI and other light in cockpit and outside.I saw everything.There wasnt a problem.
Then I found this site.My country is a member of JAA.And accorting to JAA if fail Ishara you can take other test.I said this to doctor.But he said.You failed a lot of pages.Your wrongs are crowded.So they will not give you other test.
Now I want to learn this.May I take the other test for colour.How many mistakes do they accept for give the other test?And really is there any mistake restriction for take an other test?I m waiting for your help.And it is very important for me.I looked all pages.And see your answers.And can you explain me other alternative test shortly.Thank you...

Last edited by bypilot; 13th Oct 2007 at 13:42.