PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fat loadies!
Thread: Fat loadies!
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 15:18
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wg13
Obviously to make up for the lack brain you have.
Starting with an ad hominem attack really helps your argument here. I commend the tactic

If all you are after is 'just being able to do your job', poke off to SleazyJet.
Don't misquote me: you added the "just", I said "It's about being able to do your job, and ideally do it well." If you're going to argue with me then at least argue with what I'm actually saying and not what you want me to be saying. I do my job and do it well, just as many, if not most, overweight crewmen do. You were the one who wanted people to "look military", while I want people to be good at what they do.

Yet again, its not about being a bronzed, muscle bound adonis, its about setting a vaguely military like standard that the young chaps can look up to. Being a fat wheezy knacker with a sick note from matron doesn't exactly set you up to be classed as a cut above the rest, does it?
So looking the part is more important than being the part. Here I must disagree with you most strenuously - don't judge a book by its cover. As for "setting an example", I'd have to be pretty vain (and lacking a mirror) to want people to look like me!

I'd rather have a capable bloke with a brain who wouldn't become a liability if I had to start doing a Billy Whizz away from the teletubbies somewhere sharp.
Like I said: be able to do your job, and ideally do it well. E&E is part of that job in a hostile environment.

As has been said already, someone who doesnt have at least the basic personal discipline to stop being a fat bloke is probably lazy in the brain too.
Show me ONE piece of evidence to back that statement up! It sounds like something made up by a few smug, fit, and fairly stupid people to help them get over their inferiority complexes because they didn't do well at school.
I'd also disagree with the statement itself: it implies that every decent invention or idea has been made by some skinny chap simply because they "thought harder" (whatever that means!)

Crab
until you end up on the deck in hostile territory and the fat tw8t can't run, slows you down and then gets you all captured (or shot) - very efficient!
Like I said above, E&E is a part of the job. Be good at your job is all I ask.

Sounds like the overweight lump with a brain is in the front of your aircraft
Another ad hominem? Although delivered with a smile the intent is still clear. Really, attacking the arguer does not detract from the argument itself, you merely distract from your own inability to argue against it.

How many posters have you seen telling you to dress for the outside environment not the crewroom or the cockpit - for dress read prepare mentally and physically and you have the answer to your poor arguments.
I'll say it one more time: E&E is a part of the job. The preparation for that E&E takes many forms and I agree that you should be properly prepared for it or you are not doing your job.
Simply stating that my arguments are "poor" does not make them so. You actually have to show the flaws in them to do that.

Not super fit just not superfat
Not super-anything. Capable, and able to do the job well.