PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 11:36
aussie027

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shed Dog Tosser,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THE ABOVE LETTERS!!!!
They pretty much say it all and show some of the benefits of union membership.
Ones own knowledge and reading of such a document cannot match those of experienced union industrial officers who know the ins and outs of exactly what to look for etc.
I am looking for a new job having just moved back to Australia and Perth permanently and have been reading this thread for over 6 mo and havent seen 1 positive comment on here about this company.
From the past 6 mo worth of comments including those from many pilots working there it is easy to see why they are loosing people hand over fist and why some smart pilots are refusing to sign the present AWA.

Since they insist new pilots sign it as is, with no scope for changing any of the conditions ( so I understand) I for one will not be able to apply as I simply could not abide by the 3 mo notice condition for a start. That is an OUTRAGE!!!
Even CEOs at large corporations all over the world are usually required to only give a months notice, let alone ordinary staff.
In the USA for eg,almost ALL WORKERS in any industry or company are employed "at will" which means absolutely no notice is required by either employer or employee to say Adios, Im outta here.
I don,t think that is a good thing ,but 2-4weeks notice by employee or the company paying you in leiu of any notice if you are fired or laid off is fair enough.
The question now is will the companies existing pilots and new prospective pilots speak up and propose new conditions for a fair and beneficial AWA or get the TWU or AFAP in to negotiate a CA or EBA????