PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cyprus air captain suspended because of tech log entry
Old 12th Oct 2007, 11:11
Cytherea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Defence of Vera

For some reason I feel obliged to rush to Vera's defence here. There seems to be an attitude towards his posts that leads one to beleive he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.
Yet his facts are correct - they haven't lost an aircraft or had a serious incident in 60 years of flying. Whether or not another independent Cypriot airline has had an incident is neither here nor there it is not in CY's remit to police the other airlines in the country - that is the Cypriot CAA's job. LH, GECAT and others do use them for training, the Late great John Cochrane was deputy chief test pilot. I think there is too much worrying over semantics and not enough thinking over the substance of the text. It would be best rembered that English is not everyone's first language. Perhaps by mentioning the pilot's "holiday" what Vera means is sick leave which is therefore unplanned and requires addition resource management to cover. Whilst Greek Cyprus does indeed seem to be obsessed with the Turkish invasion I wonder if it is any different in Palestine, Tibet or even Iraq?
Apologies for diverting off the subject but I just feel that Vera's point of view is being rubbished with no particular thought to the facts.