PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA 2007 EOC Conference
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 08:54
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor guys!!, this balpa conference is mainly used for airlines to see how desperate we are, and base on that they can level up or down their selections and T & C .

you may think it is used to find and see pilots like a road show,no it is not, with hundred of CV coming every month on their desk, do you think they need to do extra work at this Balpa conference.

so why do they come?answer: to sell their training program. Yes airlines now get a bonus each time they send students to a TRTO.Airline are not only a company but a company affiliated to TRTO.

by boycotting this, you save time and a udge amount of money that could be used for stamps and telephone calls.

I boycotted them, and I have even canceled by Balpa membership, and now I have 1 airline who want see me, and 2 other airlines in these coming months.How did I get these interviews, I sent them my CV. that's all.

recently I have been in a big big meeting for corporate jets , I paid 60 quids, for this money I talked to some persons, jumped in cockpit planes during 2 days and I have had lot of fun(there were 30-40 planes on the tarmac)and of course I gave my CV.