PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Unicom Operators
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 05:42
crisper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are your suggesting that we open up ATC towers at regional airports such as Wagga, Dubbo, Ballina etc etc? I thought you would be against this because of the cost to industry. I am trying to suggest the proven and cost effective alternatives to a full ATC tower at busy regional aerodromes as opposed to what we have now in most busy CTAF'S - nothing ! A lot of regional operators dont want ATC towers because of cost and the restrictions of controlled airspace on their operations. But they also dont want someone who is given no training and a radio set and then thinks " hey look at me I'm an Air Traffic Controller ".

And to suggest that I would think that we are not as bright as Americans is just another of your stupid statements. Our system evolved because of the lack of radar coverage ,the huge expanse of remote airspace in Australia and our small population. This cannot be compared to the good old US of A which you could never seem to grasp. In fact, maybe we would be better compared to Canada in this regard - they still have Flight Service don't they?

So , explain how " this most proven system in the world" operates and how it has relevance to Australia or don't you understand how it works either.