PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dangerous spin by Richard Smith?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 04:57
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if the tower costs $500,000 per annum, that would mean 50 cents per passenger because there are 1million of them per annum at Avalon.

I would certainly be happy to pay 50 cents to have someone in the tower rather than airlines flying around, sometimes in cloud blind calling and hoping that other aircraft are on frequency.
Again, my question is not what is the cost per seat, but revenue allowed per A320; if it's only $100 per movement or less (remember the fire service is there already); then they will never cover their costs; and $500K is the lowest end of the costs I would think; it would be closer to LT or HB costs would be my guess.

I fully support the argument for a TWR to go into YMAV; I too would happily pay the extra $5 (or whatever) to have ATC, but what hours of coverage, 1st to last JST Flight? etc; what about weekends?

How is GA effected by the new TWR service; will they be happy to have the TWR open so they can be told "Cleared Touch & Go", when there is no-one else around in 8/8 blue sky and the CTAF would be perfectly acceptable, Ca'CHING.

Last edited by SM4 Pirate; 12th Oct 2007 at 05:59.