PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Services Unicom Operators
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 04:29
crisper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason the criteria was changed if I recall Dick, was at the insistence of airline pilots not some conspiracy against you from CASA - CASA actually listen to the industry sometimes you know. Pilots refused to receive traffic and weather information from unqualified personnel. Strangely, a few years back CASA asked the industry about lowering standards for CAGRO'S and this was rejected - by Airservices as well ! Work that one out given the current unicom proposal put forward by them. Anyway, I am interested in how the FAA unicom system works. Maybe you could give us some info as to how they deliver traffic, if it is assessed for relevance or not and if they do, what methods they use to do this - flight strips, logs or just pieces of paper and/or memory. And how busy are the airports that they operate from - 25,000 movements a year or just low traffic volume airports with few RPT's ?. What you propose may be a lot better than the Unicom that Airservices are proposing ? I'm interested in more details of your experiences with their system.