PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are we all so rude to Cabin Crew ?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2007, 04:00
dustybin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm CC and agree most passengers are really nice but there is always a knob on every flight. The heavy bag thing is my bug bear and refuse now due to being off for 3 months with an injury. Businessman are the worst offenders as they carry so much paperwork and crap, I'm sorry but they packed it, carried it to and through the airport and onto the aircraft, I'm sure they can manage that last little bit We had a knob on our flight tonight demanding this, that and the next thing in rude, aggressive manner. he is now probably still at the airport regretting it has we kicked is rude ass off (no we didn't over react but long story and he had been drinking and upsetting other pax)
My advise to everyone is if you are unhappy about service, delay, weather, fat smelly man next to you then tell/ask nicely you would be amazed what you get. If you start shouting, swearing or causing a scene then you get nothing. If people are nice then we all go out our way to help, talk to us like **** then it "sorry can't help you"
I know that the main problem is that as someone already stated that by the time you check in (been charged for over weight bags), tackled security and been striped of your dignity, riped off in shops, delayed and not had a fag in 6 hours. We are the first person you see in the company you booked with uniform and you want to take it out on someone or want someone to listen, I've been there myself We will all listen as it's what we are good at but we can't sort out tech aircraft's, weather or ATC slots. nore can we predict and answer question such as "when will the weather improve?" " when will we take off? (in a ATC delay and the capt already told you the same as us) "What is that down there?" " will the car park be open at abc?" " what bus/train takes me to town?"
Sorry if this comes across as a rant but not meant that way, just a few pointers on how to get what you want when flying. Remember we are all someones wife,hubby,child
p.s when you are delayed so are we, we want to get home too. Plus it's always when we have something planed

Last edited by dustybin; 12th Oct 2007 at 14:02.