PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTO Uniforms
Thread: FTO Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2007, 21:43
Snowiey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'in ground school you get a single silver bar, when you go to Arizona you get two gold bars and when you get back you get gold wings. I think the modular students only have one gold bar.'
What do you get after MCC? An Oxford Prefect badge and tie?
Don’t get me wrong, when I looked around the place I thought that Oxford was a very professional set up. However, I decided it wasn’t for me both in terms of environment and value for money.
As for the fancy dress, I'm very relieved my training school does not inflict that upon us. I don’t think I could stand that unwarranted hierarchal mentality amongst fellow students. In my opinion stripes should be worn when they actually mean something, as well as when a command structure is actually important and required, i.e. - employed pilots of varying rank.
I can see the positive values associated with uniform, such as corporate identity and discipline applying to the very young students (ie just out of school ), but certainly not the majority of people in flight training who often have held responsible jobs and achieved much, before embarking upon flight training.
Nice to see Oxford actively segregating their slightly less valued modular customers from the integrated guys. I’d be gutted to end up a second class citizen within a training institution which was at the top end of the price list (in terms of modular school choices) - Still, money talks, thats life!

All those that are undertaking your training – good luck – where ever you’re doing it.

Jon.