PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are we all so rude to Cabin Crew ?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2007, 14:21
tezzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are some of us so rude to Cabin Crew ?

Flew back from KUL to MAN via DXB over the last few days, and it never ceases to amaze me the way SOME passengers verbally abuse cabin crew.

The "gentleman" sat in 1K on one of the sectors had put his jackest and bag at his feet. During the final safety check, the CC asked if he would like his jacket hanging up, and as he was in the front row, would he mind puting his bag in the overhead locker. An argument ensued as to why HE had to do it, not the CC, to which she calmy replied "How much does it weigh?". Whatever the weight was, she declined saying that it was company policy not to lift more then 5 kilos. Of course 1K didn't like this, as it meant getting off his spotty arse, and taking care of his own luggage. The shock, the horror.

Full marks to the young lady for turning on her heels with dignity, and leaving the ruse plonker to sort out his heavy bag.

Similarily, the two aged "old money" (her words, not mine) sat behind me in 4J&K who refused to turn off their mobile phones got right up my snotter too ! Despite repested advice to do so, in the video briefing, and by PA announcements, Mrs. Old Money continued to talk to a call centre, to find out why she couldn't send SMS messages. She was still taling when the cabin crew were advised to take their seats, at which point I piped up and asked why THEY were so special ? Got balck looks all the way to MAN though !

Last edited by tezzer; 12th Oct 2007 at 17:59.