PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Pilot suspended in hub dispute
Old 11th Oct 2007, 03:11
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DM's open letter to pilots

Quote:
CEO letter to all Aer Lingus Pilots

Re: Belfast Base Start Up

Further to my letter of Monday 8th October 2007, as you are aware Aer Lingus is establishing a base in Belfast on 10th December 2007. In order to ensure that this base is set up on time and to the highest standards, that are the hallmark of Aer Lingus, it is crucial that this base is set up with the unreserved cooperation of all Aer Lingus Pilots. In order to meet this requirement, we request that you contact Crew Control by 1pm on Monday 15th October 2007, to confirm your willingness to engage unreservedly in any or all of the following duties as may be required:
Flying with the newly hired recruits in order to familiarise them with Aer Lingus Standard Operating Procedures
Attend any training courses that you may be required to attend relevant to this endeavour
Any other duties relevant to your post as a Pilot, that may be required and requested of you by Aer Lingus
For those who hold Instructional or other special qualifications and are in receipt of an allowance in this regard:

the screening, assessment, interviewing and appraisal of candidates for the Belfast base.
the instruction, training and checking of successful candidates before they commence flying in Belfast
Any work that is required with respect to the legalities of operating a base from the UK
If you choose not to confirm your willingness, you can put forward in writing, to be received no later than 1pm on Monday 15th October 2007, reasons why you choose not to do so. Please note that your trade union may respond on your behalf should you so wish. Such correspondence should be addressed to Peter O'Neill, Head of Operations and Crew Planning, 4th Floor Tech Building, Dublin Airport.

It is important that you understand that if you fail to confirm your willingness to unreservedly engage in your full range of duties, by 1pm on Monday 15th October 2007 you will be suspended from the payroll from 3am on Tuesday 16th October 2007.

Dermot Mannion
CEO
10th October 2007

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is now a very serious situation; it seems to me that DM is trying deliberately to provoke the pilot corps and it would appear to me that IALPA is likely to call the airline's bluff on this and as Evan Cullen said, see how long EI operates without pilots. This becomes a lockout situation; what then?

Certainly no sympathy as govt level; Bertie called for both sides to sit down and talk, EI responds like this. Would be surprised if govt would be sad to see back of DM, especially after being dropped in the "you know what" over the whole SNN-LHR thing. (I know it's not the only s/h now, but can't see other shareholders being too happy either).

Bets on DM still being CEO at the end of next week?