PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 - Governor Goes mental
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2007, 00:52
chopperpug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, and I should have pointed out that the mags were overhauled at a major facility that does hundreds of these, lest anybody thinks I was putting dispersions on the fantastic engineering staff at the place I was working for at the time. (Forget buying the chief pilot a beer, use your minimal wage on keeping the engineers happy, they will keep you happy) And yes, it was an afternoon to keep me entertained. Trying to explain what had happened to a couple of foreign language people who did not understand much english was a very amusing exercise. To this day I think they still think that I turned the engine off deliberatley.
Where I was at the time also had a lot of issues with the new Stainless blades, as has been talke about in other threads. I was lucky enough to get out of flying 44's before these came in. Not much chop for bush work, one small twig and there it goes.... you can see the money roll past the bosses eyes. Much thinner and much less tolerance for any damage.
Anyway.. thats well off topic.. sorry.... not much else to do up here at the moment.. too hot for most people.
chop