PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA 2007 EOC Conference
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 15:27
lebroix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FMS Data - would strongly recomend you go. Its ideal for someone in your position; someone who is just starting training and is some time away from job hunting as the day is more geared to information gathering rather than getting interviews.

My experience of the 2005 EOC was that the information you get will allow you to start planning job hunting for when the time comes, but it is not so great if you are midway though job hunting process and hoping to network your way into an interview chair.

The information deleivered at the presentations was all fairly similar from every airline "we have recruited fully for this year, and next year's low hours FOs will come from an arrangement we have with CTC/Oxford/FTE". (to put this into context, the airline that eventually offered me a job about 6 weeks later swore blind at the EOC that all vacancies for the year were full!)

Afterward the presentations you get to meet the guys in charge of recuitment at the airlines on a one to one basis. This is the point when most people aim to **dazzle** the airline reps and swing an interview. No doubt this can happen, but most of the airline reps I met had long queues of people all eager to impress so the reps had their defences correspondingly high.

To summarise; great for someone at groundschool stage who is looking at who to eventuslly target when the time comes, and what criteria these people will be after, not so good if you are hoping to outshine the hundreds of other low hours guys and make an impression.

Either way, good luck with the job hunting.