PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unilaterally imposed Conditions of Service
Old 10th Oct 2007, 07:52
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleb 88
"1. The President should not be involved with negotiations. Failed.
2. Have a mandate and keep the GC informed or they might not support your deal. Failed.
3. Have credibility. Don't include those who lack judgment
4. Do have a lever and use it or else you will get cornered into what they want...CoS08. Failed.
5. Don't give rostering productivity (RP07) on the promise of talks on a payrise. You'll end up giving the productivity (RP07) and get just that ... "talks" on a payrise. Failed.

But most importantly; don't ever give up on fellow negotiators, Committee and 49er types who supported the cause and were unfairly terminated by management for it. You did, and as a result, you will be forever plagued by the inept and weak as your HKAOA leaders."

Interesting!
The previous 4 AOA presidents also failed rule 1.
Rule 2, from personal observation, this negotiation was run exactly like 2001 - from a negotiators/GC persepective so Nigel 'failed' too!
Rule 3. Well 4 out of 7 negotiators were fired in 2001 - one in particular was infamous for going sick every xmas/Rugby 7s and whenever else the whim took him. So I guess Nigel 'failed' again for allowing him to be a negotiator!
Rule 4. We had a lever in 1999 and 2001 and we ended up getting almost EXACTLY what the company wanted to give us! We had no lever in 2007.
Rule 5. We did not offer any productivity in 2007 or in RP07. Simple maths (yet again). Under 5-4-3 you can achieve almost 3.5 ULH patterns a month - that equates to 3.5*25=87.5hrs a month - so the 900hrs a year target is easily achieveable. On the bus, and soon the 777, the mix of ULH and short haul will ensure that 3 or 4 days off would have been given between long haul and regional flying. So please, without hyperbole, explain the productivity that we 'gave up' in RP07 or negs07??????

As to your last point, I have worked with 3 AOA presidents and numerous other AOA 'leaders'. Two types of people are attracted to positions of influence....those wanting the kudos and those that are selfless and charitable. ST is one of the most honest, selfless people I have ever met. ND had a personal axe to grind, ST does not. I trust ST implicitly although I often disagree with him - but then thats democracy for you.