PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 10th Oct 2007, 07:25
Rotorbee

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
@crab
There is something, what you probably will like: If we do something about co2 emissions, it is absolutely mandatory, that our economy takes advantage of it. Shutting down China and the US is not an option. Any employment lost in the oil industry must be offset by new employment opportunities in other sectors, for example. If our economy collapses due to crazy new "green" laws, everything would be lost. We in the developed countries must be able to make money from the stop of the climate change. Otherwise, no change will ever happen. Therefore it is absolutely necessary, that we build and sell cars. Because we have to replace the old dirty cars with new cleaner cars as fast as possible and scrap the old ones. We just have to force the car builders to make better cars. Ok, that is a very simplified version of it, but I think you get the point.
Don't lower your lifestyle, just change it, buy a new car, new bike, new house. As in everything in life, we have to invest, if we want a change.

@whoateallthepies
Hey, don't get personnel; since English is not my mother tongue and it is one hell of a difficult language, I do what I can. That may lead to misunderstandings.
It is really sad, if you drop out now, because I had such a good idea, how to answer your last post.
I wish you many happy landings.