PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex and the Media Release
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2007, 01:55
Shark Slayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The solution I believe is not only salary, although they will have to increase and should as they have declined in real terms since '89(no I'm not involved in that dispute on either side) but also one which can offer an improved lifestyle. At present all operators see staff as a liability not an asset and treat them with something akin to utter contempt. F&D limits are'nt limits anymore but targets no matter how ridiculous a roster it produces and pilots basically are expected to show incredible flexibility in accepting changes for no benefit.
There is no reputable union at present, although the NJS pilots seem to be having some joy with their union so that may be a bit harsh, but if there was I suspect it would'nt matter under the present regime in Canberra. What is needed is more input from staff, after all most staff want to see their operator succeed not only for job security but for personal gain as well. That I fear is extremely unlikely as we have a mutual loathing, management treat staff appallingly and in return they are hated for it - all very mature!