PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helitech 2007 incl photos
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 21:17
Skidkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dr atkins

Many thanks for your post and all is now clear.

PANews

Certainly not sure what or whom I am supposed to be bashing...
It is well known in the UK Emergency Services Aviation community that you have been "bashing" PAS, MDHI and the MD902 for many years. It dates back to at least 10 years ago when you were publishing 'Police Aviation News' (PAN) in a paper format. I have no idea why you do it but, as a result, most people that I know within the industry - pilots, engineers, police officers and medical staff - treat your publication with a certain amount of suspicion.

As editor of PAN, you presumably want your publication to be highly respected, be read with interest, and be an authority within the community. If this is the case then you, as editor, must remain neutral in your opinions and publish only the facts. Otherwise, you will end up like many of the UK Sunday tabloids and be treated as a comic.

If you sign in on PPRuNe as PANews, then people on this forum will know who you are and expect your views to be those of your publication. If you don't maintain the same neutrality and adherence to facts, then your publication will suffer.

In a post on this thread you say that your information is,

based on one reasonably important source. And no I didn't ask him any further detail...
You are, presumably, referring to your conversations with the CEO of KAAT. Would it not have been a good idea to ask him for the further details? And, would it not have been a good idea to contact PAS and ascertain the other side of the story? A responsible editor would have done so; or is it because of your dislike of PAS that you didn't do so?

Your posts use phrases such as,

"I expect that" - "What might happen" - "It might be used" - "I would guess" - "They might be displeased"
Would it not be a good idea, as a responsible editor, to state the facts and not guess or speculate?

This forum revolves around rumour and speculation and long may it continue. But, the vast majority of the contributors are not editors of responsible aviation publications. If you wish to rumour and speculate, why not sign in under another anonymous name? Otherwise, PAN will suffer even more than it does now.