PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helitech 2007 incl photos
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 18:35
dr atkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiche/Skidkid, don’t knock PAN !!!! If all he has to comment about is a couple of Lo-Jack antennas then I think things are going really well. Obviously he has decided to back off MDHI bashing and go for PAS’s throat instead.

Why isn’t G-KSSH going out till November? Well it’s not due to lack of engineers, there’s buckets of those. Why does it still have a belly pannier? Showing your lack of knowledge here PAN but “A belly pannier does not a police aircraft make”, any helicopter can have a pannier and KAAT still want to use the Skyshout, HISL and Nightsun as they do with G-KAAT. It doesn’t weight that much anyway so it may as well stay. Will it ever be used in the police role again? Never ever, just like G-KAAT which incidentally still has the old camera looms fitted and colour has nothing to do with it as G-YPOL is almost identical.
All I can say is the reason is out of PAS’s, KAAT’s and even my hands. Why was East and West Mids new police aircraft delayed so long leaving one unit without air support for weeks? Was it Macs fault? Nope. Sometimes third party equipment takes time to get hold of as Macs found with the camera system.

As for the lo-jack antennas, I’ll chop them off with an axe tomorrow just to keep PAN happy.

Dr A