PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for skills test
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 17:56
norton2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for skills test

I'm at the stage now where i'm looking to do another hour or so of general handling revision and then sit my PPL skills test. I've read the information I've been given about what will be tested etc, for both general handling and nav, and just wondered if anyone has any advice about the whole thing. Gotta say I'm a bit nervous and I don't want my nerves to mess me up as when I'm solo or with my instructor I do everything fine.

I was also thinking of taking one more hour to revise diversions as I know I will get one and it's been a while since I last did one, good idea or waste of money?

Also, I've never actually done any flight performance stuff before (other than for the written test,) but I've been told I will do for the skills test, what will the examiner expect to see? Things like take off and Landing distances etc?

And my final concern is that I've never had to use the track error methods during my training. It would seem that every nav trip I've done I stayed on track or if I was off track I was so close to my waypoint or destination I just flew right to it and so now I'm worried that if i go off track on the test, I won't be very efficient with the whole track error workings, any ideas or comments or opinions?

Thankyou for any help and advice anyone can offer.

Last edited by norton2005; 9th Oct 2007 at 18:08.