PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex and the Media Release
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 11:58
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wake up REX (& every other operator in Australia for that matter)

The horse has bolted. You reap what you sew.

Ask why 16 of 20 guys I learnt to fly with have now permanently left the industry.

Ask why of the 4 of us left only one is left in Oz.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Management bonus'.......LMFAO

If you want a profit generating, proactive and stable crew levels. How about putting in as much as you want out.

Management 101?
CRM (Company Resource Management - is should be)?

Oh thats right, you dont get up at 4.30am to crew the 6am departure. Oh, you dont get home after midnight because the last flight just made the curfew due to delayed arrival of the aircraft.

I am so glad to be out of the Oz, bitching, wingeing, moaning, cut to the bones, outsourced, top heavy managment, bean counting society that Australian Aviation at all levels has become.

You only have one person to blame and that is yourself. No point in wingeing to the government because you cant find'em.

How about raising the crew remuneration so that it actually is more than a local council worker in Sydney.
How about scheduling crews with respectable rest periods (aka lifestyle)

Productivity Bonus' LMAO
Performance Bonus' LMAO
Financial reward for financial control...... WTF are you smoking.

Productivity means that the aircraft actually fly with fare paying passengers.

Started in the year before 1990, continued in the mid 90's. Nailed in 2001, cut to the bones in 2003, Hospice in 2006, RIP 2008.

QF EBA Late
DJ EBA Stalled
Eastern EBA (nobody remembers - they've all left)
NJS - Work Choices..... my rodents rotund rectum!

Last one out - please remember to turn off the lights as part of your reduced carbon footprint.

LMFAO