PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ramp Check Stories?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 11:44
clear to land

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About 7 yrs ago I was at Horn Island with a B200 on an aeromed evac. Hanging around waiting for doc/nurse/patient I was standing 'out in the cool!' CASA, ramping everyone in FNQ for a few days. Two guys wander over : "We are from CASA, can you show us........" Everything produced no probs. Then 'show me your w&b for when your pax show up. ' Me: I have an approved load system: all covered in AFM. CASA: But show me your W & B. Me: It is an ALS....repeated a couple of times. CASA: How do you know you are in balance. Me: getting frustrated: It is proved by my CASA APPROVED load system. CASA: adopting aggressive attitude...But prove it to me. Me: Its in the AFM, its approved by you, what part of this do you NOT understand. Prove it yourself. Start walking away shaking head in disgust. Another CASA guy who has been standing outside then pulls problem FOI aside, has quiet words, comes over to me and says: "sorry, have a nice flight'. Moral: always remember: they have to prove you are wrong, they cannot force you to prove it yourself. Secondly: If you are in the right, stick to your guns and don't be intimidated. They are human, with the associated attitude problems sometimes found in humans. NB I was fortunate to be employed by an operator where all the T's were always crossed and i's dotted. I had also been around long enough not to be intimidated.