PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's your favourite Airline?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 09:26
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the beer is rather gruesome, but to be fair, they don't ship it from Australia- it's brewed in Europe with European water and just their monicker on it. Trouble is it's just as bad down there!

Unfortunately it's a national characteristic of the most competetive sporting national culture there is. If an Aussie has a white piece of paper in his hand, he will say to you 'mine is whiter than yours!'. A Brit would scribble doodles on it. I don't know why it is like that, but it is. So any sporting wins are of undue importance, and sporting losses are a cause of national mourning. A bit immature, but that is how it is. So when the airline bent one at Bangkok that was not an economic repair, they just had to fix it and fly it once to prove that 'they had never lost an aeroplane', so immature people could keep rubbing it into everybodies faces as if it showed they were the best.

Sport down there is not nice- they rub it into your face constantly, the drinking associated with it leads to incredible vandalism and rowdiness. All in all, I prefer our attitude where win or lose (and we seem to do more than our share of that), the playing is the thing (except for soccer), and who cares if England lose again? Did you note the challenge that England may have won against the Aussies, but they won't win the tournament? Why not- they did 4 years ago? Remind me- I can't remember for the life of me who England beat in the final then?