PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Sacked from MyTravel
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2007, 07:13
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

StbdD,

If he has violated company rules, and if he has committed, in their view a gross missconduct, then they are within their rights to sack him and tell folk why. He too, is within his rights to comment publically about it.

But what is different here, is dragging up tales of yore which have no relevance, just to bring the man down.. Be honest, if it wasn't for this particular incident, who would have the balls to start a thread entitled 'Pablo Mason ~ why I always thought he was a twonk'? Similarly I suspect, for the same reasons that no one told him to his face when they worked with him. I laughed at the story of him servicing a car (you should have seen me change the suspension bushes on the Alfa the other week), me and ol' Pablo even got some empathy going there for a moment. He's human, and just because he puts himself on a pedastol by daring to be different and actually having the cheek to (well).. write a book, there's no reason to release the safety catch because he's down (so it seems) on his luck.

I admit that he might have been a complete c#nt at work, I don't know. Is a bomber pilot ideally suited for work in an airliner? I don't know. But so what? Would I have been happy to have been flown by him, knowing that he allowed Robbie Savage into the cockpit? Yes, on both counts. He earned his shilling when he was in uniform, despite the more lurid tales now surfacing and from what I can see, and I know this from working with some of the grandest names in motorsport, that rarely do any of them meet the expectation. But so what? Aren't we all human? In publishing, there's an adage when considering that arguement of 'outing'. Is the tale merely of interest to the public, or is it in the public interest? Here, I suspect, its not even the former.

Cheers.

Al.