PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to pull out of Belfast
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2001, 14:20
TikkiRo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its difficult to understand how they lose so much on high capcity domestic routes, it must be due to unreasonable central admin overheads.
Well, considering how BIG the BA bosses have been to take a 15% pay cut - makes you wonder why the heck their salaries have been so ridiculous in the first place. I'm all for people getting paid what they're worth, but many pilots don't and I'm sorry - but to me, having played both the academic/managerial and piloting sides (albeit only PPL) of the game, I have to say that I consider the skills involved in keeping planes in the air to be MILES ahead of keeping the airline going in a sense - obviously the two are intimately linked - BUT regardless, if companies got their priorities right instead of lining the back pockets of those at the top, we wouldn't have half of this crisis in my opinion. But no doubt the big bosses would rather risk losing all than losing more of their pay, which at the end of the day if it was even halved in some cases would only bring it in line with us lower echelon workers - and we survive.

STart thinking about others BA or others will stop supporting you and then you really will have problems
TR