PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect to operate Dash's in NZ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 19:51
horserun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had asked me a year, or even two years ago I would have thought that Jetconnect would be replaced by Jetstar.
But judging by this I am obviously wrong!!....

Qantas is to return to free alcohol and food on domestic flights, adding to a major competitive shake-up over the next year.

The move follows a similar decision in August by Air New Zealand to bring back some free in-flight services, and more legroom for those who paid the highest fares.
Australian-owned budget airline Pacific Blue will also start flying domestically next month, targeting the leisure market.
It is understood that Qantas will launch a new brand, Cityflyer, and reintroduce complimentary wines, beers and beverages, as well as an enhanced food service.
Qantas flies on the main trunk routes and to Rotorua and Queenstown. It will also spend $3 million upgrading its domestic club lounges, and add electronic check-in kiosks at airports, which Air New Zealand has had since 2002.
Another aircraft will be added to the fleet of four Boeing 737 jets, which could potentially allow it to reinstate a Wellington to Christchurch link. Qantas pulled off that route in March after its fleet was spread too thin, resulting in lengthy delays when an aircraft needed repairs. House of Travel retail director Brent Thomas said the announcement signalled that Qantas was serious about the New Zealand market and would target the business traveller. Improved lounges, electronic check-in and better in-flight services were all needed to compete with Air New Zealand, he said