PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargo 747 Incident at Lagos
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 17:14
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Lagos airport on the day in question and watched in some amazement as I suddenly noticed the aircraft carrying out a missed approach somehwat to the left of runway 18L (though it did seem ne further left than the Eastern taxiway and some way from the domestic terminal buildings. The reason for my surprise is that runway 18L has been closed for some time for repairs and the ILS frequencies for the two runways are quite different.

johan_jnb
Only the international terminals (from which Arik and Virgin also operate their domestic flights) are in the centre of the field. The passengers referred to in the news report were in the new domestic terminal to the east of runway 18L. Not surprised that passengers there would have been most alarmed when runway 18R is some considerable to the west of there and that's where all fixed wing approaches have been for a while now. The only things normally seen flying on the eastern side of the field are helicopters arriving and departing from the eastern taxiway.