PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet TRSS
Thread: Easyjet TRSS
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 16:26
ReallyAnnoyed

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
There is no chance that easy will look past the requirement of 500 multi pilot hours unless you either a) go through CTC or b) show up with a TR and 50 hours on type.

However, even these roads are not easy at the moment. The orange halls in Luton are telling us that we are overcrewed and we have been offered unpaid leave in the winther for those who want to spend time with the family (or mistress ), 6 month contract in India with Indigo and I just saw an offer for a short contract with Edelweiss for a few FOs if any are interested inside easy. Latest rumour is that less than 100 new hires in 2008 in the pointy end, but that could probably change many times.

So, option a) is not relevant for you, Ace, as CTC is not accepting applications at the moment and the holding pool is supposedly significant, but you can fish in other threads for more info. Option b) is highly risky, in my opinion and in any case you will need to find an independant TR provider that can also offer you line training However, with the relative few new hires next year, it is questionable if the company will continue to waiver the 500 multi pilot requirement and accept 50 hours on type, but that is just my guess and nothing official

So, to sum up: It doesn't really look good before you have some more relevant experience. The hope is that the CTC ATP scheme will open up again as that is the quick way into easy.