PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hello MAS
Thread: hello MAS
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 15:24
flightdeckXXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Axe MAPA Prez In Kimciland

In the 80’s, I have involved myself or at least have the knowledge of the ongoing TI and DI. Those who was involved in an incident (as MAPA member) was allowed to ask MAPA exco to participate in the DI proceeding, if member asked for it. It is not a compulsory; the choice is up to the member/s that got into trouble.

The management decides if the pilot/s concerned will face a D.I. It’s not up to MAPA to say who should be DI and who shouldn’t. Only if a DI is required by the management, the member/s can asked MAPA for a representative. Pls read your M of U before you put the blame on MAPA exco or even the Prez if any of the so called “office buddy” got into trouble but was not D.I. Of course as a line pilot, we got upset when we noted someone did serious negligence just got a smack on the hand. While a guy who was under investigation got his salary completely stop. Poor chap crying for not being able to feed his family and pay his mortgage or rental. The bottom line is, the management at their own whim and fancy decide with no respect to the company’s disciplinary order/procedures.

Those day (I could remember during Hassan time), a P.O. (punishment order) can only be given by the Director of Personnel, not even the DFO can issue the P.O. Be it no annual increment, demotion, etc…

P.S. to KamarulHitam: could your correct your statement about the wing tip incident? If you want to pass a remark about someone’s incident, pls tell the truth. It was the engine pod, some “bruise” mark underneath. Got plenty wing tip incident: in Dacca (330), Male (330), Kuching (737)…If I could scan my diary in here, you will be surprise to note so many incidents in 1996-1999 alone. Anyway, it’s always wiser after it happened. Talk is cheap. Selamat Hari Raya.