PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 14:46
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it make a difference? I got a little kid wanting to be a pilot, calling me that day thinking it was his father on the plane and begged for me to find out if it was or not. The same kid wants to know why his father's friend died that day! He thinks it's too much for his father to be asked by him as he's just waiting for the end of his contract then leave!

Then you got people who knew the captain asking the same questions.

For them, it can make a difference in understanding how it all happened! Especially as many of them operate under a similar management regime, where leaving isn't "such an easy option"... and they fear when it happens to them, it'll be attributed to pilot error... there's a difference in the bereavement payouts because of that in some places.

For me, it makes a difference because I want to know when was the PIREP from the previous landing crew relayed to the fateful jet. Was the go-around executed properly, what made the airplane became unstable? Was it the windshear afterwards or an error in executing the g/a? or a simple error of performing a standard g/a while already in a windshear?

PK-KAR