PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Academic argument over concepts of 'guilt' in law after an aviation accident
Old 8th Oct 2007, 14:33
gpvictor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PK-KAR WHAT?? Am I understanding it right? You're beeing argumentative, I would risk to say that you won't get many feedback form pilots here.

My statement was deliberately provocative. You speak of events, with the particular meaning given in aviation to this term, as outputs of circumstances where some processes are not occurring in the foreseen order and form, and where some fault was “the root cause”. But I remember you that, from another point of view, as stated in the Webster dictionary, “
an event occurs at a point in time which can be distinguished because the state of the world changed. Something was different before and after the event". Your definition of event is therefore a subset of this more general one. From this standpoint, every successful landing is by itself an event with no absolute causes, but the concurrence of factors with different weight and reciprocal relationships.