PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your rudest pax?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 08:46
Cumulogranite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Awe Of Cabin Crew

Hi All
This will turn into a rant, but not at you guys, oh no, I am more full of admiration than ever after last night!

So it goes like this, we've just been to Mallorca for a couple of days. Monarch down to the Island last Thursday afternoon was splendid as always, even though the flying conditions were apauling, and even though the crew were strapped in and the aircraft was jumping about some idiots (not allowed to use stronger words here but I'm sure you can all think of a few) still thought a trip to inspect the plumbing was a good idea. Pratts!!!!!!!!

This, however, pails into insignificance when compared to the trip home. To get a later flight home we had to buy a spare seat on charter, Thomsonfly as it happens back to Manchester. Again superb service and an excellent flight, thanks and well done guys. I am now going to sound very snobby. I am not, I am just at a loss as to how some people manage to board a plane in the first place. I was surrounded by the bucket and spade brigade, and by God you could tell.

So we'll start with the two little darlings sat across the aisle from me. 2-4-2 config, 2 kids sat in 2 seats behind their parents (I assume they were the parents, not sure really) As kids do they started messing, dancing to the intro music for the safety brief of all things. Dad at this point exercised some parental control by informing them that if they carried on he would " come back there, whack yer one and rip yer effin face off", delightful!

"Dad" was a very smart bloke, resplendant in his black Man Utd shirt with an Argos gold chain hanging over the front of it which was nicely offset by matching shorts and the ensemble was completed with his shiny white trainers!!!!!
He even imparted his geographical knowledge of the UK by telling his kids we were over Old Trafford. (Didn't know it had been uprooted and moved to Cheshire in 3 days!!) After landing, the little girl infront of us was allowed by another caring parent to walk back a few rows to chat to a family friend whilst Mum was texting her mates, this before we even got near the terminal!

I could go on. For a while. A Long while at that. Suffice to say that I am full of admiration for the job you guys do. Someone said to me that some pax check thier brains in with thier bags, I am more inclined to say that they haven't got any to start with. My fellow travelling companions, whilst not all, but a good lot of them, can best be described as monolithic, monosyllabic ameobas whose only redeeming feature is the fact that the carpet doesn't need hoovering after they have been on board, their knuckles clean up as they walk !!!!!!!

So thanks for a great service and please do tell me how you can remain so patient whilst faced with the sort of people that until 15 years ago would still be holidaying in a Blackpool B&B (and God how I wished they still were!)