PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you take on tour?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2007, 06:43
TukTuk BoomBoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah great thread,

I have a lockable hard plastic suitcase, cheap version of Samsonite. I call it my anti-Chappell Corby luggage, can put stickers on it too (probably the most important thing). Sports bags get squashed , the "squeeze until you smell toothpaste" baggage handler tie down theory.

One of the best things i ever bought for touring is a Bose noise cancelling headset for the plane trips, great on airlines with good entertainment systems and really cuts out the plane noise.

I have a eye mask from Vietnam Airlines for getting a bit of shut eye when the guy next to you has his light on at 3am. Emirates hand them out too but i noticed Singapore Airlines dont now.

Last tip, those tiny bottles of Shampoo/body wash/cream you get in hotels, you can fill them up with the good stuff you use at home and take them on the plane. Better than the dishwashing liquid you get when overnighting on the way.

And finally, Fly Emirates. Great Entertainment system, email and txt msg in flight and good food. Unfortunately Dubai must be one of the worlds worst new airports. Go to the hotel gym and have a swim/spa while waiting and stay off the pakistani/filippino strewn terminal floor

Keep it Real
Rob