PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford or Cabair or any others??
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 14:49
Frank Furillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who do you work for then??????????????????????????????
Yes I may be cynical, but then again going to the university of life does that to you. I am told by BMW that it is the Ultimate Driving Machine, now I do have one, but I still prefer the Honda S2000 for pure driving pleasure. Oxford are very very good at marketing themselves. I have NO experience of them, but one has to use one's judgement in life.
Just to say that I have not been asked in interviews, Who i did my training with, What was my average score on my APTL's and most shockingly of all did I pass my IR first time, shame because I did.

You should always endeavor to do well at anything, however your Blue licence is just that, it does not matter one hoot where you got it from, the CAA treat us all the same. This eliteism that is encouraged by various intergrated providers is one of the many factors causing problems in the aviation world.

My personal advice would be to get your CPL/ME/IR as cheaply as humanly possible and look to do a type rating with hours.
When I was renewing my OPC some months ago for the B737, at Cranebank BA's training centre. I was told by a Training Captain the the two trainiees he currently had, both Oxford Grads, were paying BA for their type rating yes they were employees, but they paid more for this rating than I did and also lots and lots of lovely dosh more for their licence.
FF

Last edited by Frank Furillo; 7th Oct 2007 at 15:00.