PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford or Cabair or any others??
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 14:46
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank, I have to say that is an extremely cynical view. I do agree that everyone needs to use there own judgement and make up their own minds. I also do agree that OATs promotional stuff is a little on the glam/tacky side!

No-one is saying that BA only take from OAT, and no-one is saying that OAT is the best most perfect school ever.

What I CAN say is my experience.

a) I always found OAT very open about most things, when I went to an open day they didn't force me into going integrated, they discussed the pro's and con's of both modular and integrated with me.

b) I can vouch for the fact that this years OAT employment figures are true because for a large part they are all people I know and who actually DID get a job after leaving OAT.

c) Like I said in my previous post, OAT isn't perfect. However its is a very good school, the training I received was excellent and has stood me well for the future. Is it the only option? no not at all! will it guarantee you a job? No of course not. What I do think, in my humble opinion, is that it minimises the risk of getting a job after training. Note I said minimise and not takes away