PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford or Cabair or any others??
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 14:29
Frank Furillo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the school say they supply pilots to BA etc then it must be true..... after all the Sunday Express today states that Diana's driver was a MI6 Agent, so thats true as well... I would be very very very very (get the idea!!!) careful about what you are told and read by any school, newspaper, politician etc.
I cannot for the life of me believe that British Airways ONLY take oxford graduates
Why for the love of god would you not choose on the basis of cost, I did not have a spare £60,000.00 knocking around, neither do most of us.
I attended the Pprune gatbash and senimar yesterday, I would STRONGLY advise anybody who wished to start in the business to go to one. It does help you decide what is the best training for yourself.
Also one final point, we very rarely hear of anybody who has a bad thing to hear about Oxford, now you can take that one of two ways:
Either they are quite simply the finest training money can buy, remember you will go to the states for some of it.
Or they have a dammed good PR wagon and people who have been stung are afraid to comment about things because they may be concerned that it will cause them problems when job hunting. This is a very incestuous business and as the old saying goes, be careful whose hands you stand on going up as you will meet then on the way down! (edited to be polite)