PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unsecured Loans
Thread: Unsecured Loans
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 14:06
R T Jones

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
The cost of housing in the UK especially the south east has risen at unprecedented rates in the last few years. The house I live in with my parents at the moment was valued at about £110k 10 years ago. A house on the same street is on the market for £300K. It is absolutely ridiculous the rises in house prices and I almost never imagine being able to afford a house in London, where I would like to live. People are being given too much credit, I've heard of mortgages of 6 times people’s salaries. If people cannot afford the houses the prices will drop, simple. It is the banks that continue lending more and more money to people just so they can get on the housing market. The loan arrangement for CTC is obviously unique; I've borrowed the best part of £70k at nearly 9% (unsecured). I’m also concerned about future rate rises as the loan rate is linked to the BoE base rate. I Think I am wondering off topic but just wanted to put across my two cents on the credit situation in Britain. It is out of control...