PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoking flights
Thread: Smoking flights
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 11:39
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
CHIVILCOY
Amazing how the anti-smoking brigade jump on to a thread so they can express their disgust at us smokers.
You are entitled to do what you want with your body, as I am entitled to distance myself from you!

The reason I do not like smoking is simple. If I am in a smokey room it makes me physically ill (nausea). Unsurprisingly, I try to prevent that from happening. It may well be that there are some things I do/eat/drink that would disgust you and you are perfectly entitled to protect yourself against me. But I know smokers who did not like sitting in the smoking compartment of a train (when we had them) as it smelt so bad. But it was not sufficiently bad to break what is a very powerful addiction. Again, no criticism, you can be addicted to whatever you want and I can choose to keep out of your way.

Back on thread, I stated that airlines save money by standardising and that there is probably not enough money to be made from running a smoker's airline, or even one with a few a/c made over to this.