PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New contracts are comin!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2007, 03:53
missingblade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to thank the Management and others who helped me so much lately in setting realistic goals for my future.

I understand that at the current rate of payrises vs inflation vs currency weakness I will actually earn only 15% more in real buying power when I get 4 bars as opposed to now.

I realize now that I will never be able to have a bigger boat than my current Hobie 16. I will also have to stay with the 1500cc Daihatsu - might get an 1800 though...
Realize too that the 1100sq Ft apartment in HKG will be my home for at least another 25 years since no bases available. Also thanks to your sagely advice I have just compensated for the lack if Prov Fund due to delayed command by upping my own contributions to the max. I am also not getting that little flat in Thailand anymore - I will just rent some of the senior guys Villas. And since we are in China anyway I told the wife the one child policy now applies to us as well.

Thank you so much for clearing all this up for me - planning for the 'future' is what it's all about!!