PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saving up the snags
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2007, 14:04
Ahua

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely if an aircraft takes a lightning blast, and all seems good, the pilot cna continue to destination. no problem. Obviously this isnt a "capt map lt us" sort of defect. But if he does not feel the need to write it in the snag pad, whilst the planes doing the flying for 2 hours fine. but definiltly should report to an Eng once on the deck.

The eng, would then check it out. against the SRM. if found out of limits. oops! grounded. sorry! now thats the way I see it. I know the big comercial boys don't want that. but tough its the way it has to be. the only expection would be to get a special permit for 1 cycle to return to base if no approved maint is available down route.

Pilots may feel that they are under pressure to keep the machine moving. I think eng's may also be feeling that pressure. But I am sure that there is a greater prwessure not to do anything that will put safety at risk. Am I wrong??

oh, if found within limits, fine note on the dent chart, and defer for further evaluation at next C. or whatever the SRM states. easy!