PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford or Cabair or any others??
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2007, 12:36
mb2ai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Oxford or Cabair or any others??

hi guys - I need some help.

Ive made the concious decision to persue a career as a pilot, somthing Ive always dreamed of. I was 18 in 2002, and by then the industry was turbulet, so i decide to go to uni.
I studied and graduated in Aerospace Enginering, and have sice persued an engineering career.

This interests me, but I need more from a career hence I now want to train for an ATPL.

The money is available to do the integrated route at oats or cabair. However im stuck between them - and cant decide where to go.
I know which I would prefer and thats OATS, but apart from the bad things I hear about cabair on here; I can find a reason not to go there - because its a few thousand pounds cheaper.

Thoughts please.....

I mean the most important thing to me is that I get employment after whichever course I do -
On the OATS website it states that 54% of BA's new pilots came from OATS in 2006; and there are 2 other FTO's that supply FOs to BA. I know one is cabair with their FO direct course - is the other FTO?

Anyway this is all assuming i go for an integrated course! i mean modular is 20K cheaper - this means less pressure to stop the parents house getting reposessed!

All in all im a bit stuck - engineering dosent cut the mustard anymore, and I cant see which route or FTO to use!

HELP!

MB