PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2007, 12:04
crabbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lpl - Jfk

Hello,

First post so please be gentle! I have been following the Flyglobespan issue at LPL closely because I had hoped to book to fly with them first of all just before Christmas and then next summer.

Does anyone know what the chances of them coming back are? Perhaps I'm being naive, but surely the best time to make a NEw York flight work out of a smallish airport is in the run up to Christmas, when thousands go Christmas shopping?

I read a lot about the problems in July when people were delayed five days, but I assumed it had run pretty well other than that. I did try to book for the end of this month but the timetable on the website conflicted with the flights available when booking and the the call centre didn't seem too sure either.

It's a great shame for Liverpool, I feel, because with the right long-haul flights it could use its size - and ease of use - over Manchester.

PS - is it very naive to think it might have been a good idea to use a newer plane on a newer route (instead of sending it to India) , rather than leasing one?