PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 6th Oct 2007, 09:30
Want2Fly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS SYLPHIE!!

I read the entire thread from last year about Virgin Blue recruitment and had followed your journey back then and the journey of a few other hopefuls who now have a position with DJ, and it's really good to hear that you've finally achieved your dream! Well done.

I was reading that thread and getting a lot of tips and advice for my VRD which has come and gone (on the 27 Sept), and unfortunately I didn't get through - but I've learnt a lot from that day, mainly that I need to be a LOT more assertive in the group activity and be far less Mr. Nice-Guy when it comes to waiting my turn to speak! Two ladies who seemed to talk over everyone else and not give anyone else a chance to speak, actually got THROUGH!

I have a Jetstar assessment centre coming up on the 16th of this month so I'll take the experience with Virgin onboard and hopefully go one better with JQ. If I get in with them, well at least I'll be armed with some cabin crew experience to reapply with Virgin next year - which I'll certainly be doing no matter what!

Once again, congrats Sylphie and good luck with the training! You'll do great